Monday, April 27, 2009

Synonyms at 5 years old

There is a totally natural reason our bodies are ready to have children at 14/15. That is so you have the strength to keep up with them. I really wonder about people that wait till later in life to have children. Yes they will be able to handle them somewhat. But when it comes time to be grandparents they will not be as active and enjoy the reward of those wonderful grandchildren. This past weekend was absolutely packed with activities. At 8pm on Sunday night I knew I had done too much. One week away from being 51 and I can tell I am not going to keep this up much longer.


High on a hill was a lonely Goat Herd. . .lady-odel-lady-odel-lay-he-who. Explain Herd and Hurt to a 3 & 5 year old. Make sure you PRO-NOW-NS them carefully. Otherwise you tell them to “Go Herd the Goats” and they start hitting them.


Try being a 20 month old, some of the goats are much shorter than you (Pygmy goats) and some are a lot larger than you. Best defense. Giggle.


Finding eggs was hilarious. They found brown ones and pink ones and even green ones. That was the most fun from my point of view. The cow milking did not go as planned. I am holding out judging that activity till we find a different farm to go to. But I did buy 3 gallons of whole milk to make cheese with. AFTER all the kids went to bed I actually made a batch of cottage cheese. It worked like it was suppose too, but I soon discovered the store bought kind has a lot of additives to give it that Creamy moist look. Homemade kind does not have the creamy liquid, it has the yellowy whey in it. Lesson Learned.



Another lesson: How to hammer nails into a board. *video*


Grandpa introduced them to the wonders of a giant magnet. This was to induce them to pick up all the nails they let scatter as they were hammering into the wood. The magnet was so large that Kentucky had a hard time carrying it. Then Grandpa had his own Synonym lesson. Grandpa was showing the boys that the magnet would only stick to STEEL and pointing at all the STEEL in the shop saying “That’s steel, that’s steel, and that is steel.”


Pretty soon Kentucky says. . . . . . . . . “Grandpa did you STEAL all this stuff?”


enjoy this book on more kid sized Synonyms, "The Day the King Rained".

4 comments:

A Doting Mama said...

I've no regrets for having children later in life. I feel I've stayed younger longer, not to mention I had a chance to discover who I was individually and am more established. I see others my age who have children significantly older than mine and those parents, look much older because they've run down earlier. I guess I've more incentive for staying healthy so I can enjoy my grandchildren when I'm 60. :-)

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jaci said...

I love word plays. Herd, hurt, steel, steal. Aren't little kids so much fun?

The whole farm field trip looks like it was a lot of fun. :)

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

hee hee hee...I'm glad I had mine young. Although I'm glad it wasn't at 14/15!
I wouldn't want to be a 30 year old Ganny.