Thursday, February 10, 2011

What would you take?

This is going to be bizzare. I had a dream last night, might have been the Nyquil I took for this damn cold of mine, anyway the dream had to do with the world as we know it today with all the technology going away. And we all had to pack quickly (in 20 minutes) all the things we thought we would need to make it in this new world.

Can you guess what I took? I was really methodical. I saw Jerry run for Gun and Ammo. I saw other family members grab gold and jewels, family photos, food.

I got two big backpacks full of needles. . .Scissors. . . thread!! Why? Cause I knew I could make a living, trade the skills I possessed in my head and hands for the things I needed.

Ya think I read too much Science Fiction?

3 comments:

Things Hand Made said...

Hi, thanks for your lovely message on my blog. I would love to know about more podcasts if you know of any. In the UK Radio 4 is public rado and is all spoken word so plays, stories, documentaries and I wondered if there was anything like that for other countries.
You commnet about needles reminded me of the Quaker Tapesty. As the quakers traveled to the US as the New orld, each woman was given a bag of "useful things" which included needles and cloth to make a quilt. She could then sell it or use it to show how well she could sew when she got to her new home.

jaci said...

I'd just take you with me. then I'd be sure to survive... ;)

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I think I'd like to take you too. You seem very wise. I would have never thought to take something support myself with. I'm thinking you should write a book about this. It could be a best seller! Janae