Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MeMe Monday?

I am having fun following BottlesBarbies&Boys blog. She has asked us to fess up. . . .if we are strangely attached to something for no reasonable reason.

No stuffed animals for me. . .or pillows. . .BUT I know exactly what my husband would say if you asked him if I was attached to something. It is my Ipod. . . .not for what you are thinking.

See. . . My mom is/was blind. She raised me on talking books. I love to have stories read to me. During the 1980's and 1990's she bought me a specialized tape player that could play the special tapes for the blind that talking books were recorded on. She shared her library with me and I could never get enough.
I like to listen to the books with headphones on while I go to sleep. It helps drown out "what's his name's" snoring. But the tape player would always Whirrrrrr and click loudly and bother "what's his name".
Then along came Audible.com and Ipod. The answer to a dream. Now there are no clicks/whirrrrs and the little guy is so small it barely makes a bump under my pillow.
I can program it to go off in 30 minutes. I can hold 15 books at once.

Needless to say, since Ipods came out I have burned through 4 of them. Yes music and video are also on my ipod. . . . but I love my books. And I can read them with out leaving the light on.
If I don't turn my ipod on when I hit the pillow. . . then I know I am truly sick and drugged.

1 comment:

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

I can see the headlines now. Woman dies from Ipod.

"I don't know she must have had a restless night. In all her twisting and turning, she tangled herself. The wire must have cut off all her oxygen. It's so sad"

Woman! Please be careful!

BTW- Thanks for playing