Tuesday, March 3, 2009

New stitches

So, It is about time I put up some pics of the project I am trying to finish. I am giving myself the goal of this weekend to have all the surface design done. I want to sell this thing.


















It started as one pillow and now I have split it up to a twin set. Should I call it
A) Sweets for the Sweet
B) Sweet Tooth Dream
C) Sins of the Tongue
Hmmm




So the base is Double Flannel. A very hard to come by fabric. It is thick like a blanket and has flannel on both sides. Super soft. the Cake & Ice Cream side is made with wool felt and cotton, pink fleece and some organza ribbon for the candle all appliqued on not fused. I didn't want the stiffness that wonder under gives especially on flannel and wool.

The candy side of the pillow still needs the bon bons to be finished then there will be a section with lollipops and I have not decided if the last quadrant will be gumballs or wrapped candy. I think Gumballs so I can use bright colors.





Both pillows will have standard pink flannel backing with a button opening so the inside pillow can be removed and the top washed. I want to find a really cute set of buttons for the closure. I will use the left over rickrack to make a flower and use the button as the center of it.

Oh. . . all the materials except for the rickrack were all in my stash. Free stuff!!! I love it. Now what should I charge for this? It has taken about 25 hours so far.

1 comment:

Gumball.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.