Monday, January 31, 2011

Ground Hog Day. . .sorta

Last Year, in preperation for our trip to Germany, spcifically visiting Karlsruhe, I wanted to get a better idea of what the landscape looked like in that region. It is the SW corner of Germany. Thanks to current Technology I can do that. With a quick SEARCH on webcams in the area I can start seeing weather, traffic, even local pubs/shops and residences. I can also see local attractions and the animal kingdom.

One of these cameras became a favorite of mine very quickly.
A stork Cam.
When I first clicked on it there were two teen age storks in it and a set of parents.
I watched them through the summer. And by September they disappeared.

In December I started to check every morning as I sign on my computer for work. I can't wait for the mated pair to come back and start making a new family for this year. I want to see the babies hatch from eggs this time.

This is a very small picture, the only one I could find. I can't capture off the webcam anything. It is best to go visit the link and see for yourself.
The cool thing is you can see the town and the Gasthaus (resturant on the right side) has installed solar panels on the roof. During their bad snow storm in december everything was covered with about 10 inches of snow, but not the solar panels.

It is sorta like waiting for the ground hog, when I see the storks I know that spring has arrived.

No comments: