Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Xavier is all strung up

IT”S ALIVE!!!

Xavier has been hit with a bolt of electricity and has come alive!

Or. . .
Gepetto dreamed of a blue fairy and the block of wood became a little boy.

In My case that block of wood became a dirty ol’ man. LOL.

Remember where he started?




Well now he looks like this. And I must say, for my first attempt to carve ANYTHING let alone human figure, I think I did ok.







Yes I know his eyes are weird as well as his mouth. Can I say he is a stroke victim and explain away his lop-sided-ness? Nay. . .he is just as lopsided as his creator.




And the biggest thing I can say is that my teacher was the best. Patient, guiding and creative beyond belief. So talented and an awesome person to-boot. Thank you Geahk!

Xavier came out very close to what I drew and envisioned.
I’m happy.

2 comments:

jaci said...

Love him! I think he is perfect. You are so creative. :) I sure hope I can take a class in the fall!

me

A Doting Mama said...

It looks even more amazing in person! Great job!! And I forgot to mention to you that my friend had a little boy last week and named him....Xavier!!