Saturday, May 21, 2011

Here's looking at you Kid

Latest project.
Steampunk Magnifying glass
Made from, vintage Ping Pong paddle with suede surface, two chipped and dull magnifying lenses, 2 gold bracelets from Claires, Gold & Brown Fimo polymer clay.

Still need to drill holes for the lenses so you can "Look Through" the eyes of the owl. Glue on the eyes & brows. Wood Burn feathers into the suede. AND the other side needs to be completed.

I have another paddle and grouping of lenses with a totally different design worked out.
Super cool.
What would I use them for???
Not only am I designing a new Steam Punk costume and character. But I will be going to the Fairy Festival in June and will be HUNTING FAIRIES. . .using my new magnifying glass.
More to come.

1 comment:

jaci said...

Absolutely cool! I love how your mind works. :)