Monday, July 14, 2008

The Joy of Sewing

NOT.
This weekend I had plans to finish the pirate vests for the grandsons. And get a chunk of the embroidery done on my SeaSerpent bodice. But like many Nana's out there I said yes. . . .to watch my granddaughter Joy while Mommy and boys go camping. Granted Joy would not be a good camp pal right now. At 10 months she crawls and eats dirt.

Besides who could say no to this sweet face.
So this weekend I have had Joy glued to my hip. She is a very active and vocal 10 month old. And when she finally walks and talks. . .she will out run her older brothers. But this is the longest she has been away from mommy and brothers and it is apparent. She seems to get upset everytime I leave the room.
Wait. . . yes nap time is over. Pause. . . . . .
Ok. . .back to my blog. I have had to wait till Monday to complete what I started on Saturday. So this is written in hindsight.
My sewing was put to the wayside this weekend, which means tonight I need to catch up. But it is all worth it. The scene that played out last night, though not caught on film or digital chips is burned into my memory.
Hubby and I took Joy to a Pub where a old friend was playing in his band. the seating was outdoors and the weather was absolutely lovely. Mommy was on her way back from camping and knew she was to meet us at the pub to pick up Joy.
It was about 6:30pm when we saw her van drive up and park. Racing out of the van came Big Brother Kentucky followed closely by Middle Brother Korban. When Joy saw Kentucky running up to us (she was on my lap), She lurched forward and grabbed Kentucky's head in her arms. This puts Kentucky's face at her belly button. Joy hugged his head with a huge grin and was open mouth kissing his hair. It was so obvious that she knew her brother and was very happy to see him. When Korban came up Joy tried to hug him too, but being 2 years old Korban didn't understand and stepped back. Joy started pounding? no that isn't the word. . .slapping? no that isn't either. Joy took her open hands and was hitting Kentucky & Korban's heads, on the top. This is a natural baby's action when they are excited about a new toy or something. They hit it with an open hand. this is accompanied with the stiffening of the legs so the body bounces up and down.

I am so backlogged in my sewing now, but seeing the reunion of Joy and her brothers was so worth the missed sewing schedule I had planned this weekend.
The Needle calls. . . .

No comments: