Tuesday, November 9, 2010

If Blogging were around


What if Blogging were around in 1966. I would have been 8 years old, my brother would be 6 and my little sister 3.
There would be blogs full of Jello, Miracle Whip and carrot recipies, the latest in crafty ideas to use up toilet paper and paper towel tubes. There would be political rants of what President Johnson was going to do about all those Civil Rights protests, let alone that hot spot in Asia that was brewing.
Doesn't seem to have changed much except now it is on a screen and not on paper in a magazine/newspaper.

My mother was a journalism major in college. She took her writing in a totally different direction after she got married and started raising 3 kids. I truly wish Blogging had been around for her to expereince and contribute to. Without a doubt she would have been popular.

Today I stumbled upon a Mommy blog (not that I was looking for it, it just popped up when I clicked Next Blog). The Meanest Mom has elements in it that remind me not only of how my mother wrote. But also what us kids used to do to her. This lady has one advantage over my mom, though, she can see. My mom was blind and still raised 3 sighted kids. Never the less, this blog is worth mentioning to all mom's and grandma's. She is short, concise and terribly humorist. I hope she continues.
And as I said before, not much has changed, the kids still get bored, they still kick each other's chairs and pull the old joke of "Want some seafood? . .HERE SEE FOOD!" with the mushed up remains of an egg salad sandwich dangling from the 6 year old's tongue.

And in honor of my mom. . .I think I will post a blog as if I were her in 1966.

1 comment:

jaci said...

What a cool blog post. :)
I was 10 in 1966 and co-writing my first "novel" with one of my best friends... She kept the manuscript so I don't even know what we wrote.

:)