Friday, March 18, 2011

Ich Liebe Dich


Liebe
Did I put the criteria for the ABC’s to be in English?
Nope!
I have just spent 5 days with a bunch of German’s in my house. (thus the pause in my blog) Wonderful, funny Germans.
So the word Liebe comes to mind for my L word.
Translation – Love, sex, devotion, adoration.

Like English it can mean many things. When the British use it, it is an endearment of sorts. Hello Love, or Must be off, Love.

Add ling to Liebe and you have Liebling or Favorite, Darling.

Add the S and you have the adjective Liebes - Kind, Sweet, Cute, Welcomed

Adding a letter is like adding frosting to the cake. The cake is good by itself and the frosting just enhances it.

Love is good by itself and just as good in other forms.

1 comment:

siggi said...

also funny wonderful americans ... Siggi