Saturday, March 19, 2011

The M Word


Meditate
I feel strongly about Meditation.
I think we should all take time to do it.

Unfortunately Men as a group don’t know how and don’t want to learn how to do it. They would just rather fall asleep. That is their definition of Meditate.


I have favorite place I go for my meditation. In my head that is.

At the age of 13 my family lived on a remote piece of property. It was in the midst of a forest on an obscure river here in Oregon.

Trees were everywhere, in fact it was a piece of logging property.

Dad made a tree house in the middle of 5 sugar Maples. It was just a platform, not a covered house. But at the age of 13 it gave me a place to escape an 11 year old brother and an 8 year old sister. I did a lot on dreaming on that platform as I looked to the sky covered with a quilt made of large green maple leaves.

To this day I use that place to meditate in.

Find your place, go there and often.
Teach your children how to do this especially your sons.
Let them learn the advantages of meditation, they will appreciate it and you 10 years from now.

1 comment:

jaci said...

I have a place very like that where I go in my head. It is also wooded, but the woods are quaking Aspens.

This is a wonderful post, Mary. I love to just sit & meditate. it's good for the soul.