Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"In Hertford, Hereford and Hampshire, hurricanes hardly ever happen”

The Letter H

Habit


How long does it take to build a habit? Some Doctors say 3 times.
I don’t think so.

Tell a 7 year old . . .3 times to Pick Up Your Backpack and put it in your room.
It didn’t work with my now grown kids and it isn’t working with the 7 year old grandson.


But does it take less effort to stop a habit?

Hmmm, Smoking? Yes it takes a lot more.

Eating. . .A whole lot more.


Doing the exercise that the Doc wants me to do. Sigh yes it takes a lot to start that habit and very little to stop it.

So today I will start a habit. (If you announce it will it make it happen any easier?)

I will Hug my hubby at some point each day when he least expects it.


Start a habit that doesn’t create Fat, Lung disease, or $ problems.

Start it today.


P.S. the picture is a slight nod to my Catholic upbringing. Now that is a Habit I broke!

1 comment:

aneri_masi said...

So how are we doing with the habit?
I am 38 and still trying to form the habit of putting away my shoes, clothes, purse, and now tools and beads. I think I will give up and accept my clutter as a part of me ;)